Johann Sebastian Bach
(March 21, 1685, Eisenach, Thuringia, Ernestine Saxon Duchies (now Germany) – July 28, 1750 Leipzig, Germany) (Age 65)Nationality: GermanyUnique distinction
: One of the greatest composers in history, outstanding supreme Baroque composer.Gender: Male
1. Where there is devotional music, God is always at hand with His gracious presence.
2. I have always kept one end in view, namely ... to conduct a well-regulated church music to the honour of God.
3. The most stupendous miracle in all music.
4. Ceaseless work, analysis, reflection, writing much, endless self-correction, that is my secret.
5. I was obliged to be industrious. Whoever is equally industrious will succeed equally well.
6. Old concept: Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener. New concept: Love is not blind - it simply enables one to see things others fail to see.
7. Without my morning coffee I'm just like a dried up piece of roast goat.Video
: Toccata & Fugue in d minorRead more...